This is without a doubt the finest smoked salmon quiche you will ever have. Special thanks to Emeiril Lagasse. Combined with Tilgner’s Ruby Red Cold Smoked Sockeye it is the ultimate in taste.
3 1/4 cups graded cooked or frozen hash brown potatoes thawed and squeezed dry.
2 tablespoons melted butter plus 1 tbsp whole butter
1 tbsp of Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast)
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 medium leeks, halved and finely sliced, about 1 cup
1/2 tsp minced garlic
4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of heavy cream or half and half
6 ounces of Tilgner’s Ruby Red Sockeye Cold Smoked Salmon, chopped coarsely
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
12 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch deep dish glass pie plate.
In a bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and Essence, and toss to combine. Add the Parmesan and toss to combine. Press the potato mixture into the prepared pie plate, spreading to evenly cover the bottom and up the sides. Bake until the potatoes are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the remaining tablespoon of butter into a small skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and using a wooden spoon, stir in the leeks and lemon juice. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, stirring just until combined. Add the cream, salmon, dill, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Pour the cream cheese-salmon mixture into the cooled potato crust and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden and the batter is set. Cool quiche for 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
Traditional Scottish Lox Salmon Open Faced Sandwich or Mini Appetizer
- 1/2 sliced Bagel or several French Bread baguette rounds
- Spread thin layer cream cheese blended with fresh cut dill -OR- spread on some crushed avocado
- Add a few slices of Tilgner’s Ruby Red Sockeye Salmon
- Garnish with fresh dill fronds along with thin sliced onion rings and or thin sliced red radish or capers
- Dust with just a little fresh cracked black pepper
- Fluffy Cold Smoked Sockeye Souffle
- Butter 6 TBSP
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- Milk 2 cups
- All purpose flour 6TBSP
- 8 Eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz Tilgner’s Ruby Red Cold Smoked Sockeye Salmon chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- Fresh Dill, chopped fine
- Heat oven to 350 F. Coat 2 qt soufflé dish with butter and dust well with flour.
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- In a large skillet or pan sauté onions with butter until golden. Add the smoked salmon and cook mixing well with the onion for 4 min. Stir in flour over a couple of min under low heat.
- Gently heat milk in separate pan until simmer then add the salmon onion mixture, stirring continuously until mixture thickens
- Remove pan from heat and stir in egg yolks , dill and Parmesan cheese.
- Beat egg whites and 1/8 teas salt with electric mixer until whites peak.
- Transfer the salmon mixture into a large bowl and gradually but thoroughly fold in the egg whites
- Fill the Soufflé dish and place in center of oven. Bake until fluffy and and lightly browned on surface
- Eggs Benedict
- Cold Smoked Spicy Quiche
- Fresh Spring Rolls
- Cold Smoked Ruby Red Sushi